remember this suitcase re-do? well, with the wedding approaching, i was looking for a place for guests to put cards, and thought about doing another one in red.
i started off with this small red number from etsy, and tore out the inside. this one had lots of chunks of hot glue mess holding it on, and the little tacks were rusted, so it was more of a challenge to get a nice clean slate to work with.
once the insides were removed, i used them as pattern pieces. lots of spray adhesive and a little sewing later, i'm happy with the finished product. i originally did this in white fabric with tiny red dots, but it just didn't look right so i ripped it all out and used vintage fabric from my stash.
i'm thinking i'll make a pennant sign that says cards, and string it on the inside top. next up, table decorations!